This blend whips beets, oranges and ginger into a detox delight. Depending on the character of your oranges, add stevia to taste. But, be warned: Beets move the bowels, especially if you add the aloe, prune and apple cider vinegar boosters.
- 1?2 cup (120ml) filtered water
- 1?8 teaspoon finely grated orange zest, plus more to taste
- 4 medium oranges, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (150g) peeled and cubed raw beets (grated for conventional blenders)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger, plus more to taste
- Pinch of natural salt
- Alcohol-free liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes, plus more to taste optional boosters
- 2 tablespoons pure aloe vera juice
- 1 pitted prune, chopped
- 1?4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Throw everything except the ice, but including the boosters, into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until pulverized. Add the ice and stevia to taste and blast again for 10 to 20 seconds, until chilled. Drink immediately for the most balanced flavor. Strain through a filtration bag, nut milk bag, sheer piece of clean nylon hosiery or fine-mesh strainer for a smoother consistency.